Monday, October 10, 2011

What's left in the fall gardens...


What a gorgeous weekend!! We had sunny skies and 80 degree weather for three days. For upstate New York in October, that's pretty awesome. I spent a lot of time in the gardens today and thought you might enjoy a little tour...


There are mums, of course...

and ornamental grasses.

This is a ceramic fish that I made. He's swimming through the sedum that usually looks nice even after the snow falls.


I love the berries on the flowering crab trees.


This is what most of the gardens look like right now. Some people cut down all the dead stuff, but I like to leave some things for the birds. They like to eat the seeds on the liatris plants and the coneflowers.


There are still annuals left, like the impatiens. My new mini hosta "Twist of Lime" has a little blossom waiting to come out. I hope it has time!


Hydrangeas...

Sweet peas...


And a sweet old dog keeping an eye on everything. Welcome Fall!

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a wonderful fish, and of course a sweet old dog!

Lori said...

How beautiful! I am loving all the flowers then I see YOUR DOG. Oh the sweetness!!!